Awesome. Thanks heaps!
After receiving your inqiuiry, I will be in touch as soon as I can.
If ordering a mix, I will send you a secure Dropbox File Request where you can start uploading your multitrack files.
Things you can do in the meantime:
Double check that you are happy with the arrangement, performance and all recorded elements of your song. Are all the edits clean?
Export a “rough mix” of your tracks that I can use as a reference for your vision for the song.
- Do a Sudoku.
Every DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) handles exporting multiple tracks differently. A quick Google search will be your friend. Here are some helpful videos I found on YouTube.
There are a few things to consider when exporting your tracks:
- Make sure all tracks start from the same place on your timeline. This ensures that they all play together in perfect sync when imported into the ProTools Session.
- Any specific effects (FX) that you wish to keep in the mix need to be rendered as a separate audio file.
Batch Export from Cubase
Logic Pro X Multitrack Export
- Label each audio file with a clear descriptive file name. eg: KickIn.wav, Lead Vox.wav, etc
Double check each track has exported correctly and that there are no corrupt files and no clipping or (unintended) distortion.
- Any instrument tracks (ie MIDI) need to be rendered to a waveform.
- Any FX you wish to keep need to be exported on a separate track.
- All files should be .WAV (Windows) or .AIFF files (Mac).
- I mix in 24 bit 48kHz. However, I recommend sending me the files in whatever format they were recorded in to save unnecessary dithering and file conversion.
I will send you a secure Dropbox Link where you can upload your files.
Files that are useful to supply for each song are:
- Your exported multitrack files (obviously!!) Please make sure these are labeled clearly).
- Any mix notes (including key and tempo of the song).
- Reference tracks of commercial songs that you would like your mix to sound like.
- A rough mix of all your tracks I can use as a reference for your vision of the song.
A mix usually takes between 5-6 hours (plus revisions) but can be longer if there are lots of tracks. After contacting me, I will be in touch within 24 hours with a Dropbox link for you to upload your files. From this point, generally allow 5-7 working days for you to receive your mix.
There are two reviews included as standard in the Standard Online Mix.
I do not accept changes to the arrangement or newly recorded tracks after initial submission with the Online Mixing Service. Contact me for a customised package.
I provide an in-house mastering service. Online Mix + Master
Generally, however, I prefer a specialist mastering engineer to master the tracks. A fresh ear helps pick up on any sonic issues within the mix that I may have missed. Mastering is very much a black art and takes years of experience to master (pun intended). I will give you the right files to send to a mastering studio. I recommend and use Mixudio.
Good Idea! Mastering will help bring all your tracks sonically together into one cohesive work and prepare them for commercial listening. I can supply you with a file that you can take to a Professional Mastering Facility for adapting to your playback medium of choice.
I recommend and use Timo at Mixudio.
But the guitarist has to show him how to do it first.
You cannot order multiple FREE Online Mixes at checkout in my shop. The FREE Online Mix is for trialling my mixing services to ensure I am the right fit for the sound that you are after. You can only order the FREE Online Mix once. If you like what you hear and would like to hire me as your mix and or mastering engineer, you can do so by contacting me or ordering the Standard Online Mix from my shop.
To mix multiple songs of yours, contact me for custom pricing.
I am more than happy to mix your album for you. I offer an Album Package in my shop.
Who doesn’t love gear? My exact arsenal is always evolving, however. my current setup includes:
- Universal Audio Apollo (AD/DA Interface)
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Interface (AD/DA Interface)
- TL Audio A4 16 Channel Analog Summing Mixer
- Mackie HR824 mk11 Professional Studio Monitors
- Yamaha HS5 Studio Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50x Studio Monitor Headphones
- Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Pro Professional Reference Headphones (250Ohms)
- Avid ProTools as my DAW of choice.
- Logic Pro X
- Abelton Live
- Waves (Tracks Live and Multirack)
- Izotope (RX & Ozone)
PLUS a large selection of industry standard plugins from:
- Waves Audio
- IK Multimedia
- Plugin Alliance
- AIR Music Technology
- Sound Toys
- Native Instruments
- Antares Audio (Autotune)
- XLN Audio (Addictive Drums)
- Steven Slate (Trigger)
- Universal Audio UAD
- Blue Cat Audio
Both! The best of both worlds. This is called “Hybrid Mixing”.
The Analog vs Digital debate rages on, but in my opinion, just use whatever tools you prefer working with. They both sound great! My workfloe is primarily ITB (“in the box”) and summing using my Tube Based TL Audio 16 Channel Analog Summing Unit and integrating analog hardware
True. And I say go for it! Mixing is super fun. But…
Listen to my mixes and judge for yourself whether it’s worth getting me to mix your song or doing it yourself. I pride myself in professional sounding mixes that can compete with commercially produced songs for radio.
You cannot order multiple FREE Online Mixes at checkout in my shop, as I am limited in how many songs I can mix for FREE at a time (you know, family and all, rent, more gear, etc). That is why there is an “in-stock” limit on available FREE mixes. Unfortunately, you will have to wait until more mix slots open up.
You can, however, order MULTIPLE mix upgrades and even back-order! If your mix is on back order (meaning I am super booked), I will be in touch with you to discuss scheduling. I prioritise Professional Package orders so if the FREE Online Mix is out of stock, then consider upgrading your order.
I do not offer attended sessions.
At the ordering stage, I ask for mix notes, reference tracks plus a rough mix so I have a clear understanding of your vision for the song. I also offer at least One Review for all my mixing services (withup to Three with the Professional Package!!) to ensure you receive a mix you are 100% happy with.
On successful checkout, this should have been sent automatically. Check your spam folder in your email or double check your email client isn’t “sorting” the email automatically and bypassing your inbox.
You as the artist are the copyright owner of the song. I do not hold the copyright to these songs.
I do ask that I am able to feature your finished mix on my website if I wish.
Contact me to discuss how I can assist your project (live or studio).
You need to order the FREE Online Mix first. I will send you the MP3 mix of your song. If you like what you hear, then order the FREE High-Quality Render (Upgrade).